Fred Sandback b.1943 – d. 2003, Untitled (Sculptural Study, Five-part Construction), Black Acrylic Yarn, 1987-2009, Photo courtesy of David Zwirner.
Exhibition Program: Kulay-Diwa accepts from artists and curators exhibition proposals for display in its gallery. The White Main Gallery (20 ft x 40 ft x 9 ft) can house approximately 20 moderately large works. The gallery also has a garden that can be used for assemblies, performances, and sculpture displays. Online exhibitions are also accepted year round. The Exhibitions Program seeks diverse programming proposals from artists, curators, educators, and collectives. Proposals will be reviewed by a Committee and recommended for exhibition opportunities. Proposals are open to all media including installation, new media, and performance art; there are no geographic restrictions. Work must have been completed in the past three years unless part of a thematic grouping or collection. Artists may also submit proposals for new works, providing samples of work representative for review. As the Gallery is part of a larger interdisciplinary arts center fostering community involvement and life learning, collaborators who are available for demonstration, residency, outreach, and workshop options are preferred. Proposals may be emailed as instructed below. All submitted materials should be considered a public document and incomplete proposals are subject to disqualification.
For consideration please provide the following materials:
1. 10 to 15 images in the form of quality jpeg images. A corresponding image list that includes title, media, year of creation and size of each work. Artists working in non-traditional formats such as new media or installation may opt to submit a 5 –10 minute video on a Mac compatible CD/DVD; mpg/mov files.
2. Professional Resume or CV including Exhibition Record and Artist’s Biography
3. Exhibition Concept / Statement of Intent
4. Preference for Exhibition Type: Solo, Collaborative Group, Thematic Group
5. Date Restrictions – Exhibitions may be scheduled up to 12 months after review.
6. Failure to provide will result in the disposal of materials at the program’s discretion post-review. Select materials may be kept on file for future reference.
Email Proposals to: Exhibitions Program – Proposal Submission at firstname.lastname@example.org
Proposals are accepted continually and reviewed, as needed.